About Me:

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION:

All images, writing and creative ideas on my blog and website are Copyright and Trademark protected. I hope you will BE INSPIRED to create your own artistic style from what you find here, but please be advised: it is against Federal Laws to copy or use any images or slide shows that belong to me without my written permission. Besides that, it would be dishonest and if caught you face fines and imprisonment, so please don't do it unless you really think you'll look good in a jumpsuit! Thank you for respecting and protecting my Creative Rights.
BIG love, Joanne

Friday, December 01, 2006

RONNA & RICHARD, November 11, 2006

CLICK HERE to enjoy Ronna and Richard's Wedding Slide Show! I chose to have Ronna and Richard's Slide Show be entirely from their wedding ceremony because it was such a beautiful and profound event. Ronna and Richard's wedding was a sweet way to end my 2006 season. What a delightful couple; it rained and rained and rained all day long for their wedding but Ronna and Richard were so excited that it didn't bother them in the least bit. In fact, I don't think anyone really noticed it, well, with the exception of the photographers, of course! Yes, you read correctly, "photographers." My good friend and colleague, Heather Lahtinen was second-camera with me from preparation through the ceremony - you'll see her weaving her magic in the slide show ;-). My goodness I love it when Heather and I have the opportunity to photograph with each other! Our work is so similar in style and we are so passionate and INSPIRED as we create...but that is another story soon to come in another blog! She is simply a wonderful colleague, friend and photographer. Ronna and Richard's wedding ceremony and reception were held at The Twentieth Century Club in Oakland and once again it was an elegant affair, right down to the heart-shaped sugar cubes that were imported from Italy and adorned the coffee cups! It is always such a pleasure for me to be able to witness and record the planning and details that go into these very special events and the warmth and love that exists between family and friends during the wedding. It never ceases to amaze me how so many people are fortunate to have the love and support of family and friends and I am equally amazed and INSPIRED to be able to witness and record this profound love each time I photograph. What a gift! Ronna and Richard's wedding was brimming with people who loved and cared for one another and it truly was an honor to be in the presence of such wonderful people and energy! Ronna, her maid of Honor Michelle and all three moms were personally pampered by Marty and her staff at the "famous" Jacques Dessange, Paris Hair, Beauty and Wellness Spa in Shadyside where their hair, makeup and nails were adorned to perfection. Marty is a wonderful person and stylist and I recommend her spa highly, as I am a customer of the salon myself. After all that pampering the weather had to be "braved" and it was off to the Inns on Negley where Ronna and Richard prepared for the ceremony. I'll need to find out who created the floral bouquets and arrangements but I can tell you that Ronna's dress (which I was absolutely crazy about!) came from a funky boutique in NYC. I was thrilled that Ronna had the courage and creativity to express her creativity through her gown. What a treat it was for me to photograph it for her. The entire day was simply beautiful and wonderful, as are Ronna, Richard and their families. Thank you so much for having me with you, as always, it was a complete honor.

No comments: