About Me:

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION:

All images, writing and creative ideas on my blog and website are Copyright and Trademark protected. I hope you will BE INSPIRED to create your own artistic style from what you find here, but please be advised: it is against Federal Laws to copy or use any images or slide shows that belong to me without my written permission. Besides that, it would be dishonest and if caught you face fines and imprisonment, so please don't do it unless you really think you'll look good in a jumpsuit! Thank you for respecting and protecting my Creative Rights.
BIG love, Joanne

Friday, April 06, 2007

Henne Jewelers and things to cherish...

I'm a visual person, as you all know, so consequently I'm always observing the subtle messages I see around me. I love the impact that images have on us and how they inspire us to think, or be, or feel. There are lots of powerful messages in images, whether they are in advertising or in our own family photos. This ad for Henne Jewelers caught my attention when I first saw it months ago. I felt it to be such a powerful message that I've wanted to share my thoughts on how it has inspired and excited me, so I'm finally taking the time to do just that. Before I do, I want you to know that Henne Jewelers is not paying me to endorse them in any way. I'm talking about them because their messages are clear to me. Take a good look at the ad... What do you see? I see a LOT of things... First of all, the message they are conveying is very clear to me through this ad: Henne Jewelers cherishes their clientèle and they want to be your "Jewelers for Life." Well, we share the same philosophy; I want to become your photographer for life! I don't know about you, but this is the type of people I would want to (and do) do business with because they get it! These are good people who have a time-honored service they proudly offer and have been providing as a family to their clientèle for many generations. That is really something! This means they care and they want you to come to them because they will take care of you and the heirlooms you purchase that you will likely pass down through the generations of your own family. In the ad you can get a sense of what those family heirlooms might be: your mother's or grandmother's string of pearls - I've seen many brides beautifully adorned by their grandmother's or mother's jewelery, specifically pearls, which are always lovely pieces for a bride to wear on her wedding day..."something old"...something borrowed, or given... And then, of course, there is the "something new"...the engagement and wedding rings; THE most important symbols that mark the beginning of your joining your lives and the creation of your new family; the family that Henne Jewelers wants to be a part of for all your life. They get it; and you can trust them. It's all right there in that one little ad. Amazing! The first thing that caught my eye in the ad is the photograph of Jack and Nancy Henne on their wedding day in 1966. You know; it is a photograph; I'm a photographer...it was only natural that I was drawn to that element of the ad first. Nancy has on a lovely necklace that I can only guess may have been given to her by Jack or perhaps it was a family heirloom. This one photo represents an important moment in Jack and Nancy's life and adds a personal touch to the ad: these are the people that stand behind their business, carry on the family business and tradition and that want to serve you well. What a great photo! There is one more thing to be "seen" that may be a little more subtly noticed in this ad... "Some Things are Cherished for Generations." Such as Henne Jewelers clientèle, the jewelry they offer, the family business they run and THE PHOTOGRAPHS FROM THEIR WEDDING DAY! There you have it; subtle as a brick! I hope that point isn't lost on you, the viewer, and my clientèle too, as you view this most powerful and important ad. Your wedding photography is just as priceless as your jewelry! Quality photography will evoke emotion and will allow you to recall many of the important moments in your life forever, be it on your wedding day, a birthday, on your anniversary or perhaps on a typical day in your life. But, the most important point that I'd like to make here is that after your wedding day has long passed the only thing left to help you recall your memories are your photographs which you will be able to enjoy for many, many years and for many generations to come. In fact, next to jewelry, I don't think I know of any thing (not person) that is more cherished than wedding photos! Honestly! Quality photography by a professional, reputable photographer who cares about their clients and wants to be their photographer throughout their lives (and that statement sums up my philosophy and the type of person I am in a nutshell!) may appear to be expensive but if you look at it as an investment that will last you over the next fifty years, or more, you will understand that it truly is a priceless investment not unlike your jewelry. Hopefully both will be cherished, passed down for generations and enjoyed throughout your lifetime together! So, Henne Jewelers gets it! And they get a big fat A+ for this ad from me because I get it too! My hope is that you will be able to integrate these messages in your own experiences. And my wish is that you will allow me to become your photographer for life; it will be my honor and pleasure and I can assure you that I will cherish your wedding day as much as you do! That is how important you and your photography are to me. And while you are at it, go try on a few rings at Henne Jewelers too! You won't be sorry in either instance. Thanks for indulging me! Love, Joanne

No comments: