About Me:

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION:

All images, writing and creative ideas on my blog and website are Copyright and Trademark protected. I hope you will BE INSPIRED to create your own artistic style from what you find here, but please be advised: it is against Federal Laws to copy or use any images or slide shows that belong to me without my written permission. Besides that, it would be dishonest and if caught you face fines and imprisonment, so please don't do it unless you really think you'll look good in a jumpsuit! Thank you for respecting and protecting my Creative Rights.
BIG love, Joanne

Monday, October 01, 2007

Susan & Rick, September 15, 2007

This season I've been really fortunate to have a series of weddings held in beautiful outdoor garden settings with some of the most incredibly spectacular light I've ever worked with! When one is a photographer, the quality of light means everything to us, and when it is as it has been this late Summer, early Fall season...warm, glowing, dramatic, inviting...it is nothing less than a beautiful gift from Nature and truly exciting to photograph in! This is how it was for Susan and Rick's wedding in the gardens of the Clayton Frick Mansion; it was simply perfect light! Honestly, as I was photographing the group photo session after the ceremony, the sky was like a painting! You'll see a glimpse of it in the image of Susan and Rick in the greenhouse doorway. The day began as a relaxing morning of preparation at Susan's parent's home, however there were a few bumps in the road, literally, that delayed the start of the ceremony quite a bit! Traffic was some of the worst that particular weekend and I thought that Susan might have to attend her own ceremony in her bridal robe rather than her bridal gown holding a clump of flowers from the Frick gardens! But, everything came together without a hitch and the ceremony was as beautiful as ever. Susan was simply stunning in her gown and Rick?...smiles the whole way! My only complaint? That I didn't have more time with Susan and Rick to photograph them. Because of the delays at the start of the ceremony our time to photograph was cut to the quick - I had very little time to do what I needed and love to do, but I worked quickly and conscientiously so I could get them to their celebration at the Grand Hall at the Priory reasonably on time. Not to fear though...I did a great job and the photos I created are absolutely beautiful - I think you'll be able to see that in the slide show below. You'll also get to see Molly, Susan's sister's daughter having fun during the ceremony - she is a doll and had a blast doing what children do best! And, I think some of you will recognize a couple of the world-famous Clarks in the slide show too! ENJOY!!...especially the light... Best, Joanne

No comments: