About Me:

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION:

All images, writing and creative ideas on my blog and website are Copyright and Trademark protected. I hope you will BE INSPIRED to create your own artistic style from what you find here, but please be advised: it is against Federal Laws to copy or use any images or slide shows that belong to me without my written permission. Besides that, it would be dishonest and if caught you face fines and imprisonment, so please don't do it unless you really think you'll look good in a jumpsuit! Thank you for respecting and protecting my Creative Rights.
BIG love, Joanne

Monday, June 02, 2008

It is high-time for inclusion...

Although I try to keep my personal opinions separate from my business, with this one issue I simply cannot. One reason is because it's an important issue regarding discrimination, which is wrong, and another reason is because it overlaps with my business... In celebration with Gay Pride month, it is with tremendous love in my heart that I will take the risk and take a stand to fully voice my support for the G+L community as a whole, and many friends and "family" with regards to their desire to have their love recognized and supported with civil unions, commitment ceremonies or same sex marriages. What ever you want to call it, it's all about LOVE! I never have, nor will I ever discriminate against any people or their love for one another. In fact, I believe that if we had more tolerant and loving attitudes towards one another and would support one another under the "umbrella" of understanding, compassion, love and everyone being a citizen of the UNITED States of America, perhaps more G+L relationships might endure and the world would probably be a better place. It is 2008, after all and really, isn't it time people? Isn't it long past time to call for an end to discrimination? I think so. So I "raise my glass" to the G+L community and all their supporters who have made great progress here in the US in New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Washington DC, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, California, and abroad in Spain, Netherlands and Belgium. May the strides for inclusion and acceptance continue world-wide and may your lives be joined in love and your love live on forever! In love and support, Joanne Bartone, Photographer

No comments: