About Me:

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION:

All images, writing and creative ideas on my blog and website are Copyright and Trademark protected. I hope you will BE INSPIRED to create your own artistic style from what you find here, but please be advised: it is against Federal Laws to copy or use any images or slide shows that belong to me without my written permission. Besides that, it would be dishonest and if caught you face fines and imprisonment, so please don't do it unless you really think you'll look good in a jumpsuit! Thank you for respecting and protecting my Creative Rights.
BIG love, Joanne

Monday, June 02, 2008

Movie: Sex and the City

So, have you seen it yet?! Oh, my goodness...I've just come from seeing the movie Sex and the City - what a wonderful movie! Those shoes (oh, my goodness; those shoes)! The fashions! But more than anything, the enduringly beautiful friendship between Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte!

Unless you've been living under a rock, the series and now the movie have followed four friends who met in their twenties and are now in their forties (and dare I say even 50 [Samantha]!) through all the trials and tribulations of life and love while living in New York City.

The series was never really about sex, although it did have a lot of sexual innuendo in it. Okay, okay, it was about sex too... And it certainly made a statement about The City, but it was ALWAYS about love; my favorite subject! The love between the four women as friends and the love between the four women and the men in their lives.

The whole series was a delight to watch as was the movie - I won't give anything away, just be sure to go see it. I will say though, that Carrie's analysis in the end was about labels and how we can be so busy labeling everyone that we forget to look beyond the label to the true person beneath. That spoke volumes and is a profound statement I think might behoove all of us to consider...just a suggestion...

Love those women! I'll miss them...

xo, Joanne Bartone, Photographer

No comments: